Sunday, November 23, 2008

I've been tagged!



So since it sounds like I need to be initiated, I'll just answer these questions and not tag anyone else for now. :)




Seven weird/random things about myself...


1. About books - I do NOT like to read the end of a book. If a surprise is ruined, it takes all the fun out of reading!! Instead of reading the back of the book to find out if I might like it, I read the first 2 pages. If I'm captured, it will be read.



2. I have 2 dogs, Rocket and Speedy. They came from two different places, prenamed. (It was meant to be!)



3. I love Spinach.



4. I used to only pick Dr. Seuss books because they had cool pictures. Now I think a book is too short if it's under 300 pages.



5. I've twirled a Fire Baton.



6. The original Little Ricky and his family has stayed at my house (18 years ago?) :)



7. The reason I named my fish Oshima....I thought all Betas sold at stores were boys. The store says he's a girl. I have a co-worker that insists she's a boy. (confusing!!)

I wanted a Japanese name for my fish (although the fish comes from Thailand I found out) so I picked Oshima from the book "Kafka on the Shore" by Murakami. (My b-day gift from Jill!!) Crazy book. Great story.

Well, Oshima is a young man and a young woman it turns out (actually my favorite character I think). So, that's where I found Oshima's name.

Now we can just call my fish "Oshima" no he or she needed. : )

Kinda silly, but the book was great, and my fish is pretty. That's all that matters.






1 comment:

Care said...

Kafka on the Shore is one I really want to read. This was a fun post to read (I read it way back when - so blogging not quite a habit yet, huh?) :)