Saturday, October 16, 2010

Some dirt on Chele

Made you click!


The latest dirt on Chele has come from a new garden!! My good friend Jill and I are growing a garden together to see how green our thumbs are.


We did start with plants that were a few weeks old....but hey, we're new at this! Cut us some slack!!


We picked the plants at a local nursery. We figured if they were growing at the nursery, we'd be good. Living in a foggy area can make gardening fruits and veggies a little diffcult. But so far, so good!


I think we planted around Sept 26th our little baby plants























And today (10/16/10) ......















It's MASSIVE!!!!


I'm proud to say that I harvested a nice spring mix salad this evening and it was awesome!! I'm so glad we started the garden...maybe soon we'll try growing seeds!! Wish us luck. :)


~Chele

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy lettuce leaves, batman! Has Dave been feeding our babies steroids?

Anonymous said...

Holy lettuce leaves, batman! Is Dave feeding our babies steroids?

Chele by the Sea said...

So Dave DID admit to feeding the plants....but he claims that they're only "supplements" & not actual Steroids. I hope we didn't lose our "organic" status!!!