Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love you, Mom!!!


I'm not real sure how to begin this post, as so many things are running through my mind. Lately in telephone conversation, my mom has been talking to me about Cindy Grasso's blog, and how great of a writer Cindy is. I agree!! Cindy is one of those kind of people who's writing is a reflection of her heart.

OK, it's been a long time since I've blogged, and now I'm trying to remember how to do a link. :)

Anyhow, back to my story. So, my mom said, "you and Cindy are good writers". Me?!? I was so proud to be lumped in with Cindy! Cause that's good writing. Then my mom says, "You need to start blogging". Really, that statement was made with her mom voice. You know what I mean...."you need to .... ". It's that statement that you're thinking "OK. I'll get right on that". But in all reality, when she said this to me, I thought to myself, "She's right! It's time to get moving on this."


So here are my excuses for not writing and/or blogging...

My life has been crazy.

My husband is a computer hog. (Well, I have my own computer, but it is very old and does not understand current technology, therefore the act of "blogging" is made very difficult.) :)

I also figured out, I'm afraid to write. Afraid of what I might find. And the thought of that began to overwhelm me.


Yesterday morning I came up with the idea, that as a Mother's Day present, I would not just write for my mom, I would post a blog in her honor.


My mom has been an active change maker in my life. It is because of her that I am a follower of God. It is because of her, that despite the negative circumstances of my childhood, I had a good upbringing. It is because of my mom that those negative circumstances have not ruined my life. It is because of my mom (and step-dad... hi Dan!!!) that I live in a cozy house, and am finding myself healing and growing every day. And now, it is because of my mom that I am writing this Post, hoping to continue on a regular basis, and face my thoughts head on!


Thank you, Mom, for being who you are to me. You are a blessing to me!




4 comments:

Cat said...

Thank you my dearling daughter. I love how you honored me with this blog.. I pray that you will continue on. When you find things out about yourself,I hope that you will see your heavenly Father is allowing your heart to be opened. As you open your heart many others will be captivated by your writings as well as encouraged by your thoughts. I love you with all my heart. You've made this day a wonderful Mother's Day. PS The beach picture is what I picture in my mind...looks like Avela Beach perhaps? MOM

Cat said...

Darling daughter...trying to be so careful in my typing I misspelled a word...evver so sorry. MOM ok write is three times..darling darling darling..

Jane Braley said...

What an awesome way to honor your mother. You surely do have talent in the writing field. You & Cindy both have the gift of touching hearts with your words.
God has given you a talent that should be shared. My daughter, Debra has such a gift that at this point she is choosing to hide under a bushel. I keep telling her she should write a book. One day, I Hope.
Please know that people with gifts like yours are so needed. Words are so powerful & can be used to heal & encourage so many others.
Be blessed! Jane Braley

Anonymous said...

Dude, I about fell out of my chair when I saw you had posted! :-D

You should listen to your mom and keep on blogging!