Saturday, November 14, 2009

Great advice from my friends!

I just wanted to post real quickly that I appreciate all of the feedback regarding my decision to participate in NaNoWriMo or try to meet my goal of 25 books this year.

So, 99% of my feedback was to read and do my writing on the side.  The other 1% was my mom.  She said, “write! write! write!”  She really wants me to be a writer.  :) 

Anyhow, thank you everyone for your feedback.  You helped me prioritize and see what is most important for now.  And not just that, but committing to reading will in essence help me with future writing (and will make me a better writer!) I’ve decided that I may not read 25 books exactly, but I’m going to go back to practicing my piano as well.  I’m guessing I’ll finish about 20 books and try to learn some Christmas songs before the end of the year!!  I figure reading music counts for the 5 books I’ll be missing for the year.  Reading music is hard!!

Thanks everyone.  I’m sure I’ll be back for more of your input.  There’s an old quote that says there is wisdom to be found in a multitude of counsel.  So congrats, you’re helping me to be more smart. ;)

~Chele

1 comment:

Hank said...

Perhaps some duets this Christmas season. Look forward to reading your future writing.